Fruitbearer Kids’ Submission Guidelines
WRITERS’ SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Fruitbearer Kids is accepting picture book manuscripts. Submit your manuscript via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- the entire manuscript as one Word attachment, using Times New Roman, 12-pt. font, and double spaced with paragraphs indented: use paragraph settings on your computer; let word wrap do the work (do not press enter at the end of a line as it messes up the format).
- a cover letter that includes your name and contact information, your vision for the book, any credentials you have, and your website address, if you have one.
Because we know sometimes things get lost in cyberspace, the editorial director will send an email acknowledgment when your submission is received.
ILLUSTRATORS’ SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Fruitbearer Kids is always looking for new, fresh illustrators. We accept a wide variety of styles and mediums for our picture book imprint.
- Most assignments involve children, so it is vital that the artist can draw children well.
- Ability to render believable characters (animals, children, and adults) consistently and able to show action in scenes and interaction with characters.
- Color and black and white illustrations are accepted.
We are currently accepting sample illustration submissions electronically via email to email@example.com.
- Please submit (3-4) of your very best illustrations in .jpeg format by pasting them into your email.
- Be sure to include a brief bio, contact information and a link to your website so we can view your online portfolio.
- a pencil dummy book in PDF format.
We will keep your info on file for future reference and will be in touch when we have a project to offer.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM FRUITBEARER KIDS
- treat you with respect
- provide professional services
- give you honest feedback
- communicate openly
- offer a fair contract
- celebrate your successes
- encourage you every step of the way
WHAT FRUITBEARER KIDS WOULD LIKE FROM YOU
We hope you will:
- communicate openly with us
- consider the advice we suggest
- actively promote your book
- understand that we always have your best interest in mind